Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: accident at lowes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    accident at lowes

    does anyone what happend there?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: accident at lowes

    WCYB said someone ran a red light. Accident sent 4 people to the hospital.


    On that stretch of US 23, from there to WalMart, I see someone plow through a red light probably every time I'm out there. Tractor Trailers are really bad for it. Just last night I was leaving Esserville road onto US 23 and a tractor trailer plowed through the red (I had the green).
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: accident at lowes

    any idea how cn find out about it?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: accident at lowes

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_elp6n View Post
    WCYB said someone ran a red light. Accident sent 4 people to the hospital.


    On that stretch of US 23, from there to WalMart, I see someone plow through a red light probably every time I'm out there. Tractor Trailers are really bad for it. Just last night I was leaving Esserville road onto US 23 and a tractor trailer plowed through the red (I had the green).
    I'm in no way condoning it or anything but it can be hard for them to stop when coming down the hill. VDOT needs to put up one of those signs about 1000 feet up each hill telling you when the light it going to turn red.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member shwalker32's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 2006
    Posts
    938
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: accident at lowes

    anyone know how can i find out about it? any website or anything?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: accident at lowes

    Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    I'm in no way condoning it or anything but it can be hard for them to stop when coming down the hill. VDOT needs to put up one of those signs about 1000 feet up each hill telling you when the light it going to turn red.
    There aren't any hills on that stretch of US 23 I'm talking about.
    The light at US23/Esserville is the worst for it - so many tractor trailers simply ignore it, like last night. I had the green, light had been green and the truck going south on 23 just plowed through without so much as tapping its brakes. Living in that area I see it on a daily basis. Never enter that intersection without looking both ways first regardless of who has the green.

    I completely agree that flashing warning lights would be great.


    Quote Originally Posted by shwalker32 View Post
    anyone know how can i find out about it? any website or anything?
    Not that I'm aware of. Just keeping checking the newsites: www.timesnews.net, www.tricities.com, http://www.thecoalfieldprogress.com/
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: accident at lowes

    Quote Originally Posted by imported_elp6n View Post
    There aren't any hills on that stretch of US 23 I'm talking about.
    The light at US23/Esserville is the worst for it - so many tractor trailers simply ignore it, like last night. I had the green, light had been green and the truck going south on 23 just plowed through without so much as tapping its brakes. Living in that area I see it on a daily basis. Never enter that intersection without looking both ways first regardless of who has the green.

    I completely agree that flashing warning lights would be great.
    Yeah, sorry for the confusion. You mentioned the Esserville intersection above and that's the one I was talking about.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  8. #8
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: accident at lowes

    A friend of mine is a nurse and she was on the road when this happened. She got out and helped, she said she picked up fingers and at least one victim was in very bad shape. Several needed to go to the hospital, I think the one that was bad off was med flighted out.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •